Getting to Know You:
- What’s your favourite aspect of the kingdom?
- What’s the silliest saying you’ve ever heard?
- Talk about why it is impossible for the rich to enter the kingdom of God. Use Matt.6:24 and James 5:1-6 to assist you.
- Who then can enter the kingdom of God?
- Discuss the following statement: Wealth has a voracious appetite that binds people to earth.
- Discuss why Jesus promised persecution as a reward in Mark 10:30. Use Romans 5:1-6.
- Read Ephesians 1:18-23 and discuss the inheritance waiting for followers of Jesus.
- Discuss what it means that those who are first are last and those last first and how we ensure we are placing ourselves last.
Taking it Home:
- What has Jesus asked you to give up to follow him? How can you continue to give that up this week?
- Think of some ways you could be generous with the wealth God has given you this week and then be generous.