Getting to Know You
- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to when it comes to resurrection?
- Discuss your favourite Easter memory and worst Easter disaster.
- Why do you think Mark chose to end his book so abruptly at verse 8? Why do you think someone tried to finish the story?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 and discuss several reasons why resurrection is everything for the follower of Jesus.
- How might you defend the resurrection against a skeptic?
- Read Mark 16:6-8 What made the resurrection scary at first and for many today?
- Look up Romans 8:0-11 and 1 Corinthians 6:12-20. Discuss the relevance of resurrection to our everyday lives.
- How might we live with an expectation of resurrection?
Taking it Home:
- Live the resurrection this week by sharing a meal with someone
- The first response to the risen Christ was one of worship. (Matt.28:9) Think through how you can worship the risen Christ and practice His presence this week and unplug and spend some alone time with God in awe again of the resurrection.