Getting to know you
– What was the very first thing you can remember purchasing and how much did it cost you?
– Tell of one of your childhood fears and how you overcame it.
– What makes Jesus different from the other High Priests that served in the temple? (Hebrews 10:11-12, 9:11-14, 7:23-28) What is another aspect of Old Testament Law that Jesus replaces through his death?
– In pairs, read different parts of Leviticus 16 so that the entire chapter is covered by the whole group. Describe the rituals required on the Day of Atonement.
– Look at the monetary worth of the temple (1 Chronicles 22:14) and the extra money that David gave towards the building project (1 Chron. 29:3-5). What does this say about how generous we should be towards the local church, which is composed of many temples of the Holy Spirit? (this is a teaser for the Living Generously series)
– Identify at least 2 gospel truths in Romans 6:5-11. These are reasons to celebrate daily; Jesus’ death makes us die to sin, too! How do you/can you celebrate and live this everyday?
Taking it Home
– Jesus says that our lights as Christians cannot be hidden (Matthew 5:14-16), but we often do. What do you want to change in your life this week to let your life shine brighter?
– Pray for an opportunity to tell someone specific tomorrow about Jesus’ remarkable death. Now, go and do it!