Thankful For My Church
Getting to Know You:
- What are you most thankful for? What do you have the most trouble being thankful for?
- Talk about your favourite thanksgiving memory.
- Discuss the difference between having an attitude of gratitude and having good manners (saying thank you) and the statement “Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontentment.”
- Look up 1 Thess.5:16-18 and discuss why it’s God’s will for us to be thankful in all circumstances and in all things. How is that practical in tough times?
- Look up the following verses and talk about what they have in common about thankfulness. (Rom.1:8, 1 Cor.1:4, Eph.1:15-16, Phil.1:3, 1 Thess.1:2) Why does Paul spend so much time thanking the church?
- Why is it so crucial a church is founded on the gospel of Jesus and the faith, hope and love triad? Talk about you can practically have your faith looking upward, love looking outward and hope looking forward.
- Why is it so crucial to pray for your church? According to verses 9-14 what should you pray for your church about?
Taking it Home:
- Spend time this week and hand write a thank you note to someone in your church thanking them personally for their service in the church or their impact on your life.
- Make a Top 5 list of reasons why you are thankful for your church.