Valuing The Bible
Getting to Know you:
- When you hear the word priceless, what do you think of?
- What’s your favourite Bible story and why?
- Read Jeremiah 23:29, Hebrews 4:12. What pictures are used in these verses for the Word of God and how does the Bible function that way?
- Kevin talked about how the bible is historically accurate, scientifically accurate and prophetically accurate. Talk about how you might convince someone of the legitimacy of the Bible using one or more of these methods.
- Read Psalm 119:105 and talk about how the Bible is like a GPS.
- The Bible claims to bring comfort. Read 2 Cor.1:3-5 and speak about how you could bring comfort to other Christians as well as non believers using God’s Word.
- Read Psalm 119:9-11 and talk about how God’s Word can keep you from sinning.
- Look up the following verses and discuss the importance of obeying God’s Word. 11:1/John 14:15, 15:14, 1 John 2:3.
Taking It Home
- Spend time praying for you group that you might rejoice and delight in God’s Word as you should.
- Review your schedule and think through what you could cut out so God’s Word could receive the important place it deserves in your life.