Jesus Is Greatest
Getting to Know You:
• What’s the greatest thing you’ve experienced in life?
• Who is the greatest person you’ve ever met, or would like to meet?
• Look up Genesis 1 and count how many times the phrase “then God said” appears.
o Look up John 1:1-4 and discuss the connection between God speaking in Gen.1 and the Word in John 1.
o Look up Isaiah 55:11 Heb.4:12 and discuss the power in the Word of God both written and spoken.
• Read Col.1:15-17, John 1:3 and Heb.1:2.
o Whom did God make the universe through? Whom did God make the universe for?
o How might Jesus be holding everything together?
• Hebrews has several warning passages that are addressed to one of three groups: 1) believers, 2) unbelievers intellectually convinced of the gospel and 3) unbelievers attracted to the gospel but hadn’t yet believed. Take a look at the warning passages in Hebrews (2:1-4, 3:7-19; 5:11-14, 6:1-8, 10:26-31) and discuss why these warnings have been given and to which of the three groups each of the warnings was given to.
• What one of the 7 reasons Jesus is the greatest from Heb.1:1-3 resonated the most with you and why?
• If Jesus is greatest, take stock in your life what is presently occupying the title of the greatest, and make plans to remove it. Discuss these plans with your group.