Jesus, Greater Than Anyone
Getting to Know You:
• Describe the difference between a house and a home.
• What comes to mind when you hear the word “house”?
• Heb.3:1 instructs us to fix our thoughts on Jesus which is a look, understand and learn the lesson kind of thing. List some practical ways you can fix your thoughts on Jesus this week.
• Look up Mat.7:24-27 and discuss the differences between the wise and foolish builders. How can we put Jesus’ words into practice? What word do you need to put into practice in your life?
• Heb.3:3 mentions Jesus being worthy of greater honour. In what ways could you let the weight of Jesus’ glory bear down on you more effectively?
• Heb.3:6 tells us Christ was faithful as a Son. How was Christ faithful? Look up the following verses to assist your answer. 2 Thess.3:3 Heb.10:23/2 Tim.2:13 Heb.13:8 Lk.4:43
Taking it Home:
• Think through the cruise/battleship analogy. Do you view church more as a cruise ship or a battleship? What changes do you need to make to keep the battleship sailing and to fight the good fight together with the House of God?