Getting to Know you:
- What is your greatest fear?
- What’s your favourite book of the Bible?
- Read Phil.4:8 and discuss the following:
- What should we focus on instead of worry?
- What makes it difficult to focus on these things?
- How have you practically focussed on these things?
- Read Matt.6:19-34. What truths can you identity as being vital for ridding ourselves of anxiety?
- Twice we are commanded to rejoice in Phil.4:4. What’s a good biblical definition of rejoice? Is it more a feeling or decision of the will? How might you cultivate joy in your life?
- How does God’s peace guard our hearts and minds according to Phil.4:7? How does it make you feel knowing the God of peace will be with you?
- Read 1 Peter 5:7.
- How might we cast our anxiety on the Lord?
- What are some ways you’ve personally seen God caring for you?
Taking it Home:
- Make a list of the things you worry about most and start praying and petitioning and requesting with thanks to God to have you give them over to him.
- Spend time this week committing Phil.4:6-7 to memory and come prepared to recite it next week.